Washington Spokane Mission - June 2013-2015

Elder Braman won't be able to view this page, if you have questions or comments or want to update him please email or write him as that is the best way to stay in contact with him. This is simply an online journal we have set up to share with all those that love & adore Joshua. When he comes home from his mission we will make this into a book for him.

Email: joshua.braman@myldsmail.com

Send him a letter/package at:
Elder Joshua Braman
820 South Pines Rd Ste 101
Spokane Valley, WA
99206-5420
The Washington Spokane Mission has a website which is updated pretty regularly. Feel free to check it out!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 6th, 2014



Hello kids!!  I haven't written a blog email forever so its a New Year and a new day all at the same time.  We have had some interesting things have happened  lately.  The other night a house that we can see out of our window burned down so that was sad but neat to watch at midnight. 

Over the holidays was slow for missionary work as far as teaching appointments but we some how stayed busy between service projects and service tracting we met some weird people and we also busted our hump working and working our tails off, even had a good sweat or two...
In the last two weeks we also did exchanges with the Zone leaders which had its ups and downs but in the end was good and we learned some and grew some as well.

On a funny note I am sure you all remember when I walked in to a pole and feeling dumb about it...well this week my companion learned the age old lesson of why God gave us shin bones.  We were coming in the other night (obviously it was dark)  and he walked around a truck and BANG!!  Hahah I shouldn't have laughed but it was great!!!  Just remember the saying, "God gave us shin bones so we could find trailer hitches in the dark"   :) 

Transfers are this next Monday the 14th  DUN DUN DUUUNN!!!!   Who knows where I am going or if I am staying .... oh wait Jesus does!   Nevertheless I sure hope I stay here in Republic, its a great area and we are having fun and working hard.   But as all things happen just as its picks up I leave, we just got three new investigators and they all are interested and progressing so as luck has it I will probably will get transferred!!  If I do get transferred I just hope I sweep in to a new area because that's all I have done so far and I enjoy it.  But honestly I don't think I will I got that feeling I will l stay but who knows.
Hopefully some of you got a chance to share a CHRISTmas message with someone or more than one person and then tied it in to the atonement as I challenged all of you.   I better inform you how it worked out for me!  We shared a Christmas messages with everyone that would listen and a lot of people were like.  "cute that's nice.  Good, I worship Christ as well.. now leave".  Then there were some who actually listen with their hearts and some even asked questions and even fewer let us come back and in the end we ended up with three new people to teach and listen to the rest of our message, I am glad we did it and stuck to it now its all up to them and how they use their agency and hey that's the Lords plan!  Come to earth get a body, use our agency, choose right from wrong and see how we well we keep the promises we make him and be happy and eventually return and live with him in Heaven.  That my friend is the game plan of God!!  And luckily he gave us some instructions on how to do that game plan, ready for this?   It's called the Scriptures !!!!   I know, mind blowing.   When we read the scriptures and pray about whats in them and get our answer and then ACT ON IT and plain old DO IT and LIVE IT!!  That is how we find happiness in life.    Weird, I know a punk 20 year old just found the key to happiness when millions of people are trying to invent things to be happy.  Pretty simple when ya think about it though, the closer we live in harmony with Christ teachings the happier we are!!!
Hope you all have a good week!
Taker easy and keep wearing those knees out and pray your little hearts out!!!!

Love ya!
Elder Joshua Braman 

 A bald eagle in a tree right outside our apartment window.  So cool! 
 We went hiking on our p-day


 Josh got these lumberjack footsie pj's for Christmas from Audrey & Andrew. 
Why is Josh wearing them at the chruch with his hat?  It's Josh.  :) 

 Staging a crime scene in their apartment with the help of Jello.
(I thought it was weird but apparently Kevin did the same thing on his mission.  Boys are weird.)

***************************

Colville Zone (the zone/area Josh is currently serving in) gathered for interviews with President & Sister Mullen on Friday, December 6, 2013.  These pictures were posted on the Spokane Mission's blog

Feel free to check that address for updates from his mission president.
 If pictures are posted then I (Emma) will always add them here as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment