Washington Spokane Mission - June 2013-2015

Elder Braman won't be able to view this page, if you have questions or comments or want to update him please email or write him as that is the best way to stay in contact with him. This is simply an online journal we have set up to share with all those that love & adore Joshua. When he comes home from his mission we will make this into a book for him.

Email: joshua.braman@myldsmail.com

Send him a letter/package at:
Elder Joshua Braman
820 South Pines Rd Ste 101
Spokane Valley, WA
99206-5420
The Washington Spokane Mission has a website which is updated pretty regularly. Feel free to check it out!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013

To my fellow beings, 
This week was good and went by way to fast!  I met some Minnesotans the other day, I had said about three words and the lady asked where I was from and I had her guess and boy you guessed it, she said Minnesota!   Oddly enough she was from Grand Rapids  and she didn't even know where Milaca was so I still haven't met any one who knows exactly where I am from.

I learned a valuable lesson this week , when you have shaving cream on your ear DO NOT TRY to shave it off with the razor!  Your ear will be cut and blood will be spilled ..... so just use your finger

Another lesson I learned this week. When we as people pray we ask for many things like for the Lord to do this, or to bless us with this, or the Lord to do this's and that's.   The lesson I learned was that through faith  and asking the Lord to give you strength to over come challenges or weakness, He will strengthen you to do whatever it is you need to do ( as long as its a righteous desire).  Jesus died on the cross for each and everyone of us, Mormon and not Mormon, each of us he loves and cares for and he preformed the atonement so that each of us could repent and be clean so that we could again enter the presence of our Heavenly Father and live with him 
That is why we do missionary work , to help people access the Atonement, not to grow our churches number of members,  not for glory or for money, to help others come closer to Christ and access his atonement. 
I am doing great & loving the work.  I have a great companion and a great area unfortunately transfers are September 8th so I figure I am leaving but we will see how that works out ya see, as soon as ya get comfortable ya get transferred ... and well I am now finally comfortable so I venture to say I am leaving !

Miss you all!!
Take it easy & God Bless, 

 Elder Braman 

No comments:

Post a Comment