Washington Spokane Mission - June 2013-2015

Elder Braman won't be able to view this page, if you have questions or comments or want to update him please email or write him as that is the best way to stay in contact with him. This is simply an online journal we have set up to share with all those that love & adore Joshua. When he comes home from his mission we will make this into a book for him.

Email: joshua.braman@myldsmail.com

Send him a letter/package at:
Elder Joshua Braman
820 South Pines Rd Ste 101
Spokane Valley, WA
99206-5420
The Washington Spokane Mission has a website which is updated pretty regularly. Feel free to check it out!

Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30th, 2013

Birthday cake on my birthday spent with Brad & Mindy & their family. (cousins) 
I saw my companion from the MTC.  Love this guy

I found a fellow Minnesotan!

Well kids thanks for all the Birthday packages and letters.  I loved them all and enjoyed my b-day very much thank you, thank you all very much. It doesn't feel to weird to be 20 but its definitely weird to say I am that old... not that that is old at all but its still nuts, eh.
This has been a crazy week we had a meeting or training everyday this week so we stayed very busy and we learned allllllllloooooooooooooootttttt so it was good to get those experiences and learn from those training's.  As far as teaching this week we didn't do much cuz we were at those training's but we worked a lot with less actives and recent converts and those are always great !!!! 

I got a lot for this week so  here is the list and then at the end I will share you my big announcement/only exciting news ya see. 

Thank you to all who put confetti and glitter in my b-day boxes!  I had a good laugh and when I vacuumed it all up I got to watch a confetti tornado in the vacuum... ahhh good memories.  

We biked a TON in the rain this week at least four good down pours hit us and a few good other rain storms. 

So on Tuesday we did service with the other Elders and we were riding in a mini van and their bishop was driving to the peoples house and while we were driving a car in the other lane smoked a deer and kicked it in to our lane and as we were closing in the deer tried to get up and well lets just say we didn't have much reaction time and we totally finished that thing off!  Crazy times now!  We also got a flat tire.
The assistants to the president made me a birthday cake (we video taped this by the way) but I figured instead of getting fat from the cake might as well have some fun with it so we planned a cake to face slam dunk :) so legit.  They sang happy b day and as I blew the candle out BANG I got cake in the nose and mouth and oh boy it was great and the video turned out sweet . Best part is that it doesn't look staged at all. My reaction was pretty well the best ever and well lets just say it looked real cool like :)  

If you remember a couple emails ago when I informed you of the sad story of my eating it on my bike face first because I took a corner with no hand?   Well I have been practicing ya see and as of my last count I have taken 291 corners's with out hand and with out crashing ....(and 2 whole weeks with out crashing ) but now I have stopped counting and I am just a plain ol' pro at no handle-baring it.   In fact, no to brag but yesterday I rode three miles with a pan of hot dish in one had and and a gallon of milk in the other and I didn't touch the handle bars once ... ya I to was impressed as you were :)

On a spiritual note we were biking to go see a less active member and seriously, this is so crazy its never happened like this or this strong, but as i was going along the Spirit was like 'Turn Around Now'......so I hit the brakes turned around told my companion we need to turn around and just go.   He gave me a weird look and said okay?  I felt like an idiot but we did it.  Put it in the onions gear and cooked it.  As we were flying down the road ahead there was not a soul on the side walk so we just kept going and, long to the short, we eventually came in contact with a lady and got to talking and such.  Turns out she was looking for our number and she wants to start meeting with us again! The Lord knows whats going on he has a plan and I realized I am his instrument and there's no two ways about that.  I cant do his work by myself and he is our guide on this hunting trip ... how did ya like that one hmm ??  Oh ya, came up with that one on the spot as I was typing :) 

Well now for my exciting wild news .  President called and told us we were going on exchanges for three weeks with the Zone Leaders, so that's the rest of this transfer so technically I am not in the Pines Ward with the Reimer's any more :( I am now serving in the Painted Hills Ward.   So what does this mean for all of you?  Pretty much nothing  just send your letters to the 820 S Pines RD Ste 101.

Ya sure,  it will be a neat three weeks  & hopefully I will learn a lot! 

Well kids gotta run have a good week take her easy and stay safe 
miss ya'll!

God Bless
Elder Braman

No comments:

Post a Comment